Clinics and Services
The practice offers the following clinics and services:
- General medical services and treatment
- Prescription delivery service
- Child health surveillance
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Minor surgery
- Contraception services – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a contraceptive pill review, please complete our Contraceptive Pill Review form. Contraception provided at the surgery includes:
- Referrals to family planning
- Free condoms
- Well person clinic
- Asthma clinic – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an annual review of your asthma symptoms please complete our Asthma Review form
- Diabetes clinic
- Hypertension clinic – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit your blood pressure readings on a regular basis, please complete our Blood Pressure form
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- 75+ health check
- Smoking cessation – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a smoking review on a regular basis, please complete our Smoking Review form
- Nursing home services
The practice also has access to attached medical staff including community nurses, mental health teams, midwives and health visitors.
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible – at least six weeks before you travel – as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least two weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
To help us offer the appropriate advice, please fill out our Travel Risk Assessment form, before coming to see the nurse.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS. Please ask reception for further information.